Personal Liability insurance

Personal liability insurance is not compulsory in Switzerland, but is strongly recommended. Please read the information on this site carefully. 

Be aware that if you cause damage to others or to other people's property (for example in the accommodation you will be renting during your exchange at UniNE), you will have to pay the costs of care or repair, and this may involve sums amounting to several thousand CHF.

So check whether you have personal liability insurance. It is often valid for all persons living in the same household, so ask your parents or your spouse.

Personal liability insurance is not very expensive, you can compare offers and rates here.