Master in International Business Development
The course of study is conceived and designed in such a way that students and future administrators are afforded the opportunity to specialise in the management of international business for major companies or SMEs (Small- to Medium-sized Enterprises). The teaching is oriented towards developing the skills and research capabilities necessary to manage international business.
The distinctive characteristics of the MScIBD are targeted to meet the particular needs of companies and organisations. Specific academic knowledge and practical skills acquired during working groups devoted to case studies, such as critical analysis and synthesis, problem resolution, communication and autonomy, are developed. An internship in a company or organisation in Switzerland or abroad can be added towards the end of the programme, which would enable more rapid integration with the world of business.
The 90 ECTS credits of the MScIBD programme are composed of courses and seminars, mobility programmes and a mandatory thesis of 30 ECTS, which can either be an internship thesis or a research thesis. The length of the course is fixed by each student according to his/her availability.
As necessary (i.e. professional or personal reasons), completing the programme on a part-time basis is possible.
After a semester of studies, students can also benefit from the faculty’s mobility programme for one semester in a member university of the faculty’s mobility network. Subject to a study contract for mobility, students may acquire 30 ECTS, allowing the recognition of the ECTS credits obtained in Switzerland or abroad.
The courses taught in the MScIBD programme are given by professors of the Enterprise Institute of the University of Neuchâtel and external qualified experts. An entity of the Faculty of Economics, this institute specialises in business management and is staffed by professors and part-time lecturers, as well as several researchers with principal activities in academic research, organisation of international conferences, teaching and adult training.
The students are supported in an individual and personal way, thanks to the reduced class size and the availability of professors and teaching assistants.
The MScIBD has numerous characteristics that distinguish it from other programmes:
- Internationally focused content and class cultural diversity
- French and English bilingual programme
- Programme tailored to the needs of the economy
- High-level support for students
- Interactive and innovative teaching based on projects, teamwork and case studies
- Rigorous programme, including integration of theory into practice, and possibility of internship as a part of the programme
- Flexible length of study from one intensive year to three years part-time for employed people
- Excellent career prospects
- Professors' renowned competence
- Large organizations
- Other international organizations, as well as various institutions working with or for SMEs