Remedial/immersion French courses (open to UniNE students)
Students of the University of Neuchatel who aren’t French native speakers can improve their French language skills through a remedial French course or an immersion course.
Remedial French course
Every semester non-native speakers who are enrolled at the University of Neuchatel can attend a French course. These lessons are free of charge and are taught by the staff of IFLC at times that fit in with the Faculties' timetables. They include: grammar, oral expression, reading, vocabulary and listening comprehension.
- to be enrolled in one of the five faculties of the University of Neuchatel or to attend special courses (IFLC courses excluded)
- to have sufficient knowledge of the French language to be able to understand a course taught exclusively in French
- to attend courses on a regular basis and to be personally involved.
New students of the University of Neuchatel can attend an immersion course to improve their French skills and to become familiar with the University environment. The immersion course is designed for all non-native speakers who are enrolled at the University of Neuchatel. The course precedes the beginning of the fall semester.
- improve your French skills
- be eased into University and local life
- become familiar with the University environment and infrastructure
- In the morning: French courses for beginners, intermediates and advanced learners (3 periods of 45 minutes for each group; group of a maximum of 15 people, multimedia laboratory)
- In the afternoon: visits, excursions and meetings to help you discover the University, the five faculties, the infrastructure as well as Neuchatel and its surroundings
Costs: The course costs CHF 200, including tuition fees, visits and excursions.
If the number of registrations is too low, the Mobility Office reserves the right to cancel the course. Candidates will be informed of this on the 10th August.
Further information: Students mobility